Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Austin Top 10

Because I loved it so much, I wanted to do something cool to summarize my trip to Austin the other weekend for one of my best friend's bachelorette celebration. Obviously I didn't come up with anything ground-breaking but have narrowed it down to these top 10 photos that serve to summarize what we did, where we went and others that remain on my to-do list for when I am able to return. At the conclusion of this post I've bucketed it into where to stay, eat, drink etc. in case you are going to Austin soon. And if you aren't, you should. It's awesome.
{Lunching at Lamberts Barbecue}
{Sunday Brunch at Franks}
{Big Top Candy Shop}
{Home Slice Pizza}
{Amy's Ice Cream}
{Hey Cupcake!}

{Live music everywhere}

{Drinks at the Driskill Hotel}
{Beers at Easy Tiger...}

{...on an awesome outdoor patio}
Hotels:
The W: Where we stayed, very centrally located and quite swanky...just try not to wake up on your hotel balcony if you have one.
The Driskill: Historic and charming with an antiquey-feel.

Brunch:
Snack Bar
Franks (Sundays only)

Lunch:
Lamberts Barbecue
Home Slice Pizza

Dinner:
Bess Bistro (a must)
La Condesa

Seafood/Sushi:
- Perla's
- Uchi

Drinks:
Rainy Street (street of abandoned houses turned really cool bars): Lustre Pearl, Icenhauer's, really any of them.
Easy Tiger (bake shop & beer garden...yes, please)
Peché (mixology bar)

Sweets:
- Amy's Ice Creams
- Hey Cupcake!
- Big Top Candy Shop

Country Bar:
Broken Spoke
Rebel's Honkey Tonk

Live Music:
Continental Club
- Speakeasy
The Stage

Coffee:
Jo's
Mozarts

Late Night Eats:
- 24 Diner
- Max's Wine Dive

Shopping:
Uncommon Objects and other antique/vintage stores on South Congress
Etcetera, Etc. and other 2nd St. Boutiques

Other:
Barton Springs: 1,000-foot-long natural spring-fed pool
Lady Bird Lake: kayaking or stand-up paddle boarding

Compiled from A Cup of Joe I and IICupcakes and CashmereImmaculate Infatuation, and extensive recommendations from locals including the always-sweet Ms. Alex. I would be more than happy to shoot you our 3-day itinerary in an email if you are interested as well. 

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had such a fabulous time. I'll need to try some of these places, Franks sounds divine! Funny that I live here and I still have a never ending list of places to see and eat at. Can't believe we just missed each other at Lustre Pearl. Next time you make it down here, we must get together! xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...